Discuss pricing new build in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
ive been given some drawings for some new build apartments, its the first time ive done this kind of pricing because its labour only, should i be looking at it per item or should i be looking at it for the time it should take

If you win the contract they will proberbly ask you for schedule of rates ,
So price each item allowing for cost, mark up and fit time, the measure your cable runs and apply the same dont forget C.U. and each out going ways

sorry just realised no materials so omit the cost of materials

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been given some drawings for some new build apartments, its the first time ive done this kind of pricing because its labour only, should i be looking at it per item or should i be looking at it for the time it should take

why labour only , as this is where u can make a bit.. ive quote so many new buids and dont matter how low u go it wont be low enough.

they normally base it on 1 day 1st fix and 1 day 2nd fix.

dont get caught out on all the landlord and mains work , itemise everything that u are doing that way if u miss something you can argue that it wasnt quoted for

one last thing , watch out that they are not just useing you as a pricing tool

its a subby for another elec firm so theyre supplying all the materials. they already said i could have the work just need to negotiate price, just dont want to go in too low that im tied to that for the whole project and end up working for eff all, im just sruggling to gauge how long it should take beacuse ive never done new build before, not working by myself anyway, and is 200 quid a day a reasonable amount to charge for new build work, cos thats waht i normally aim to make for re wires

its a subby for another elec firm so theyre supplying all the materials. they already said i could have the work just need to negotiate price, just dont want to go in too low that im tied to that for the whole project and end up working for eff all, im just sruggling to gauge how long it should take beacuse ive never done new build before, not working by myself anyway, and is 200 quid a day a reasonable amount to charge for new build work, cos thats waht i normally aim to make for re wires

£200 a day is fine ,, is it timber frame,, i helped a mate recently 1st fixing 1 bed flats he gave me £250 a flat and i did 6 in 4 days , if this is a guide,

Remember to put in contract that you will charge waiting time if materials are not there on time as you will constantly run low , and that will put it on him .. and you wont stand round getting annoyed at not earning...

if hes a mate and he wants you to have contract , can you not ask him to offer you a price...

Also if he wants you to have the job , i would price slightly higher than you want and if your too high he will soon tell you , and if he agrees theres your profit,,

yeah timber frame, two bed apartments wit one main bathroom ane one en suite , 2 rings, 1 lighting, 1 cooker, 1 smoke and two showers. plus bonding, theres three exractor holes to core out , 3tv points 3 phone points and test, ill put 500 in and see where i get

yeah timber frame, two bed apartments wit one main bathroom ane one en suite , 2 rings, 1 lighting, 1 cooker, 1 smoke and two showers. plus bonding, theres three exractor holes to core out , 3tv points 3 phone points and test, ill put 500 in and see where i get

i would push £650.00 and let him push u down to £600 that gives you three days, £500 is tight,

is he supplying auger bits and screws and core cutter.

Landed on your feet there fella i wish i had mates like that all mine say is "I thought youd do it for a case of beers" lol

as im sure scottsparky usually says the f in friend usually stands for freebie

Reply to pricing new build in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock