Discuss Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think it might depend on the specification...

I think location would be a bigger factor than specification as the price of a rewire varies considerably in different parts of the country. There are muppets up here in Glasgow who are offering to do rewires of two-bedroom houses for £1500. It would cost double or maybe even three times that amount in parts of England.

My preferred method of pricing a rewire is to calculate how many working days the job is likely to take to complete, multiply the sum by my hourly rate, then add that cost to the cost of materials. I always factor-in an allowance to cover those unforeseen yet somewhat inevitable snags that will surely be encountered. I also add a 10% mark-up to the materials.

Small unoccupied 2 bed I would price per point.....occupied 2 bed again per point but a percentage added on for moving stuff, given the choice and having plenty of work on I’d rather not do an occupied rewire.......but as others say it really is how long is a piece of string

Around £3k in North West London. I don't quote for rewires anymore as it's not worth the time and hassle because there are too many cowboys quoting silly prices, and they often use non skilled non English speaking labour who probably earn under the minimum wage.

Small unoccupied 2 bed I would price per point.....occupied 2 bed again per point but a percentage added on for moving stuff, given the choice and having plenty of work on I’d rather not do an occupied rewire.......but as others say it really is how long is a piece of string

Occupied rewires are an absolute no-no for me. The stress and hassle involved outweigh the financial rewards. There are easier ways to earn money.

Don’t do much domestic these days , but last full rewire I did of a converted bungalow was £3300
pig of a job which I well underpriced as it was for a friend of my parents.
i should have quoted nearer to 5 grand if I did it again...
in the sout east you will be lucky to get a full rewire for less than 6 grand these days

Hi guys new to the forum, The site looks great and a wealth of knowledge on here, Are there any of you that do hazardous area electrical inspection on fuel depots ect. Just wondering what sort of prices people charge per circuit for annual inspections for petroleum licence?

Reply to Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net