Discuss Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
New to the forum, I’m looking at starting up on my own but I find it hard to price work as I don’t really know the going rates had a look online and the prices seem really high? I live and work in the north of England.
what would be a average price per day and hour?
and do people charge for the job or the time ie. if you was to put down lights in would you charge aflat rate for 1 light say 50 per light supplied and fitted would you charge 200 for 4 or would you just charge for half a day rate plus cost of the light
Thanks

All depends on your business model for Small jobs easiest way imo is just to bill for time + materials. Very little can go wrong this way.

Big jobs might be worth taking the time to do the whole thing on a 'price'. But it can take a few jobs to get the pricing right

Reply to Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock