UK Pricing

Discuss Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Just starting to build up my portfolio again after being made redundant, thanks covid 19.
Just priced a job up and the guy says I'm far too expensive. I beg to differ, but having been out of the domestic trade for some time would like get some more opinions.

Kitchen rewire first and second fix
New ring circuit
7 x double sockets
3 x fused spur drops for appliances
12 x downlighters w/2 way switch
1 x lighting point w/switch
2 x 40a cooker and hob points
Fit 2 x mcbs to existing fuse board.
Disconnect and make safe existing ring circuit
Lots of chasing to do!

What would you guys charge.

I'm also having to pay a sparks to notify Part P as the jobs I do currently will be used for my NICEIC assessment

Thanks in advance

Hi all

Just starting to build up my portfolio again after being made redundant, thanks covid 19.
Just priced a job up and the guy says I'm far too expensive. I beg to differ, but having been out of the domestic trade for some time would like get some more opinions.

Kitchen rewire first and second fix
New ring circuit
7 x double sockets
3 x fused spur drops for appliances
12 x downlighters w/2 way switch
1 x lighting point w/switch
2 x 40a cooker and hob points
Fit 2 x mcbs to existing fuse board.
Disconnect and make safe existing ring circuit
Lots of chasing to do!

What would you guys charge.

I'm also having to pay a sparks to notify Part P as the jobs I do currently will be used for my NICEIC assessment

Thanks in advance
Isn't that what every customer says "oh dear that's to expensive"

I'd be about £1750, if it were a particularly easy job I might go as low as £1500. Did you say you quoted £1250 I think that is very cheap especially with two cooker circuits.

If you are having to buy all the cable & materials from scratch then £1500 is a very fair price + the what ever you have to pay someone to certif the job.

i personally wouldn’t budge off 1500£ , cable is blooming expensive and if you have to buy a roll of 1.5 , 2.5 , 6 and 3c that’s near 200£ before you even start....

Reply to Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net