CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard3009

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

What is the average sparky factoring in for a new circuit under the 17th edition, say its an addition to an existing rewirable old fuseboard, I assume a henley block and short tails to a new RCBO module is required.

What would an electrician now charge for a new shower circuit including materials, say 10m cable run under floor boards excluding the purchase of a shower.

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Almost impossible to answer without seeing the job.

There are other factors ie main bonding etc, to be considered.

B

beaver74

What is the average sparky factoring in for a new circuit under the 17th edition, say its an addition to an existing rewirable old fuseboard, I assume a henley block and short tails to a new RCBO module is required.

What would an electrician now charge for a new shower circuit including materials, say 10m cable run under floor boards excluding the purchase of a shower.
floor covered carpet ?
room empty
length of run
bonding up to scratch
rcd protection alreadyy in place?
lot to guess

R

Richard3009

Carpet down room empty
bonding ok
no rcd protection in place
10m run

Ball park figure shower already fitted rewirable fuseboard, supply materials and do the job to meet 17th edition

C

CUDABOY

how about pricing for changing light fittings, like for like,probobally 2 or 3 and ten miles away...............:confused:

A

assured elec

how about pricing for changing light fittings, like for like,probobally 2 or 3 and ten miles away...............:confused:
£20 per light , will take 1-1/2 hours :)

L

lister

Whilst were on the subject of prices what do you all think a self employed time served fully qualified (17th ed 2391 etc) part p sparks (me) should be charging an hour in the nottingham area. because i was told recently by a builder that 8 hours (1 day) @ £160 was expensive?

T

TPES

Whilst were on the subject of prices what do you all think a self employed time served fully qualified (17th ed 2391 etc) part p sparks (me) should be charging an hour in the nottingham area. because i was told recently by a builder that 8 hours (1 day) @ £160 was expensive?
I dont think theres anything wrong at all with that price, Im in leicester and some of the blokes on the firm i were at would book down £200 for there day rate.

As said many many times electricians dont get payed enough for the work they do.. but then agian ive known some blokes charge £80 for a days labour just to get the job.

C

CUDABOY

my dad gives me £100 a day,you gotta be looking £135 +,lad plasterer i know his labour only is £125 i think and no offence to plasterers but all hes gotta do is bung some muck up on a wall!!! sorry if some take offence but as long as it looks ok its ok.....no design,warranty,planning,certificates etc......to be honest id be looking once get part poo £150 but works quiet so you gotta be making somthing, just dont sell yourself short!

Reply to Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Electrical Forum 0
T DIY Tiling 0
A Electrical Forum 1
C Electrical Forum 5
S Electrical Forum 16

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom