Discuss Problem on job with bungalow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

All we seem to be missing is a raining night, lighting bolts everywhere, a castle on a hill being surrounded by villagers with pitchforks and flaming torches shouting the creature must die ............................sorry too many Boris Karloff films as a kid

All we seem to be missing is a raining night, lighting bolts everywhere, a castle on a hill being surrounded by villagers with pitchforks and flaming torches shouting the creature must die ............................sorry too many Boris Karloff films as a kid

It may seem like an overreaction, but when you've spent several hundred notes, plus jumped through a shed-loads of hoops to get your "part P" registration, it is downright frustrating when you see people using the logos without being a member.
Fortunately, the OP didn't realise he shouldn't use it before even applying to join, and he has removed it from his site. I hope this has been a good lesson for him in taking care, especially considering the number and complexity of many of the services he is offering (once he starts trading, of course). :)

I'm unsure as to what it is you want us to do?

We simply dont have the time to verify all the credentials of every member that requests access. I simply check the details they give re: phone numbers & website etc, and if its valid, as far as I'm concerned they are an electrician so access is granted.

To check the scheme affiliations and qualies of every member requesting access just isn't feasible, we'd end up with huge backlogs and would end up getting complaints over that too! You need to remember we have full time jobs, and we can only give up our time as and when we have it to give.

Having said that, I think I understand where you're all coming from and will open a discussion in the mods forum.

Cheers.

I'm unsure as to what it is you want us to do?

We simply dont have the time to verify all the credentials of every member that requests access. I simply check the details they give re: phone numbers & website etc, and if its valid, as far as I'm concerned they are an electrician so access is granted.

To check the scheme affiliations and qualies of every member requesting access just isn't feasible, we'd end up with huge backlogs and would end up getting complaints over that too! You need to remember we have full time jobs, and we can only give up our time as and when we have it to give.

Having said that, I think I understand where you're all coming from and will open a discussion in the mods forum.

Cheers.

It maybe me but there seem to be an increasing number of "chancers" on here who get shirty plus some very questionable DIYer's who also get shirty when they don't get answers for nothing.

I guess the forum is between the devil and the deep blue sea, but something needs to be done to reduce the amount of "tension" in some of the threads on here.

Maybe the answer is for the a thread to be reported to the mods, and if the mods agree then only they, or the OP can update the thread. This would curtail some of the page on page thread where the OP has vanished...

Over to you good people.

Not knocking you and the others Lenny. I’ve been in the same situation as an administrator.

Maybe a sponsor system where members of the alms nominate new members.

Theres a mods forum !!?? didnt know that lol.
Would love a look through that , bet its full of bitching :-D

One on every forum for Moderators to discuss the running and Policing of it.

I used to be a SuperModerator on a forum where we had a Moderators Forum AND a separate Super Mods forum too lol You could say that there are some interesting topics discussed on occasions (speaking from my own experience only and totally unrelated from this forum so may be totally different ;))

He sounds like one of those types of guys who likes to have Managing Director on his buisness card even though
he's a sole operator lol.

Hmmm , gives me an idea , vice president of biff industries has a nice ring to it :-D

Ha ha
That made me chuckle
My old boss started out on his own at 21 (he was the same age as me) and he had exactly that written on his business card from the get go. It was a ltd company but just him at first with me and another guy as subbies later on. He had bankrupted his company by 23 (even though he took on about £150k of work the year he went under) and now works for a firm on a 25k salary.

Not read all of this thread but I got no prob with someone starting a business at a young age. I know two other guys who started electrical firms at 21 and have been very successful. I started doing all my own work (as opposed to subbying) aged 23.
The fastest way to learn something is when you are on your own in my opinion.

I know you guys all wanna lynch this dude, but personally, given the amount of young unemployed in the UK at the mo, I find it rather refreshing to see a young entrepenuer with a bit of get go. If the guy was 32 and had started his apprenticeship at 26 as opposed to 16 I cant imagine you'd all be giving him the same amount of stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally read through the post and think that a great many people prepare a website fully in preparation for when they want to go live. I know its wrong but I would suggest people preparing stationary if they were preparing funds for NIC assessment would go ahead with putting logo's on it. I agree with the last thread. There are too many on here getting too high and mighty he has reacted to the comments and good luck. There are so many people who come on here and moan about part P and JIB gradings is it any wonder that people would play these tricks. Everytime people moan about these issues they are effectively encouraging people to circumvent the systems.

Reply to Problem on job with bungalow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net