Discuss Problem with a rewire in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Daz140

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I've had my house rewired, and the installation was done very badly. The electrician who was contracted to do it, has now said that he subcontracted the work out to someone who was qualified but not registered. After getting him back to fix a load of issues I then found out that he had also spurred off a spur downstairs going from a double kitchen socket through into a cupboard to a light for the cupboard and then through the wall to connect to a double socket in the living room. Then from looking at pictures from before the floors were put back down upstairs it appears that he has also spurred off spurs with the sockets in the bedroom. Does anybody know if there is any way that I could tell by removing the sockets or anything, if this has been done anywhere else, because the rooms have been redecorated flooring down and fitted wardrobes put back.
Thanks

Have you got a test certificate for the work carried out

The only real way to check for spurs from the ring is with test equipment, my only other thought would be has he rewired using radial circuits rather than rings

Whereabouts in Liverpool are you

Hi first off thanks for getting back to me.
Yes I've got all the relevant certification.
Not sure what way anything has been done and I'm in L10.
Thanks

The only real way to check for spurs from the ring is with test equipment, my only other thought would be has he rewired using radial circuits rather than rings

Thanks

Thanks
Is it possible for you to post a copy of the cert with your and the contractor details redacted

L10 is just down the Lancs from me

Is it possible for you to post a copy of the cert with your and the contractor details redacted

L10 is just down the Lancs from me
It's ok thanks mate but I can't afford to get anyone out, that's why I was just asking for advice on here. Thanks very much for your reply though

Reply to Problem with a rewire in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net