Discuss Problem with MCS database? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruceB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just registered an installation with the MCS database. Normally the certificate is generated and emailed to me immediately. This morning it is giving a message:
"This certificate is pending generation and is unavailable for editing or download at this time"
Anyone else had this? The only thing I have done different from normal is that I had to enter the address manually as it was not listed, but it is not the first time I have done that and there was no delay previously.

Of course, I had said to the customer I could generate a certificate in moments!

Regards
Bruce

I've had to enter loads of addresses because they weren't showing and it doesn't normally slow anything down so it must be the system in general.

same for me im registereing 15 today and its gone the same way

ive just realised the serial numbers i ve put in are in fact the serial numbers for the inverters -
OH marvellous
Anyone else gone back and changed previously submitted details??

Just register them, the certificates will come through in a few hours. The information on the certificate can be amended by clicking on it after it has been issued.

I think you have to reissue from memory I either changed one or reissued it I can't remember now but I do have two certs for one client in my history of registrations - and can't remember why that is but I am sure I tried to reissue it and I think it then gave me a new cert number sorry :( that probably wasn't helpful !!..

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey, thank goodness we've finished the installation side and don't have to generate any more MCS certificates.

Then again, looking at the mountain of paperwork needed to put all the site files in order, I guess it's not all easy road here for me anyway. >_<

Try not to worry, it is slow - but they do come through eventually. Last one I did took about 3 hours. It does add the nice extra bit of stress to what it already a stupid situation though.

Reply to Problem with MCS database? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net