Discuss Problems with Bathroom lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Please help!

We’ve recently developed an issue with our lights in the bathroom. The ceiling is a false ceiling and there are 6 spotlights in the false ceiling. The spotlights take the lightbulbs I’ve attached as a picture (Led Gu10 5.5W Warm White 2700K). Having replaced the bulbs, we now have lights with greatly reduced brightness, if I take out some of the bulbs then the remaining bulbs are slightly brighter but not like they were when we bought the house.

Could the lack brightness be anything to do with the wiring? We have one bulb in and it is barely bright enough to be able to see.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to invite others to the conversation!

No pic attached.

Has there always been these particular bulbs or has the issue only started when you changed say, halogen to LED?

What are the lumen values on the bulb? Makes more sense than the wattage nowadays, although higher wattage should mean brighter, not always though

They’ve only started since the bulbs have had to changed - the lumens are 35, but I’ve also tried 55 too.

probably lidl or b&q specials. more light from a candle, with less fire risk.

Reply to Problems with Bathroom lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock