Discuss Problems with splitting signal to upstairs in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for some advice,I'll briefly explain what I have done:

i installed a new television in a bedroom upstairs,have put an amp in loft and ran cables as follows:

amp to sky box
external aerial to sky box
amp to new television

here is my problem,when I connect new television straight to aerial get all expected channels,when I split it and take the aerial through the sky box and then feed the amp so I can have free view/sky in each room in the future it won't find the free view channels but I can work sky through the magic eye etc,so basically I can only get 1 or the other where I should be picking up both,it's a brand new amp,all I basically need is the free view channels and sky, I realise I can only watch what is down stairs on sky buts that fine,any help much appreciated

Sky is on the analogue tuner the tv channels will be on the digital tuner. If you have your aerial to the rf in on the sky box then rf2 out on the sky box to the amp then out from there to the other TVS and select the correct tuner atv/dtv it should work as you wish

Thanks for the quick reply swcfisher,I think that is how I have it already,there's only 3connections on the bck of my sky box:aerial in,rf out 1 and rf out 2,currently have cable from external aerial going into aerial in and feeding the amp out of rf 2,is this correct??

I am,can find the sky on analogue and can control it through the magic eye just can't find the digital channels when I search for them but when I go straight from aerial to amp bypassing the sky box I pick up all the channels but obliviously don't pick up sky

Reply to Problems with splitting signal to upstairs in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net