Discuss Production workers in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Knobhead

Who hasn’t come out with some of these statements at sometime?

1. This is fool proof
  2. They can’t break this
  3. There’s no access to the work area while the M/c is working
  4. Everything is cross interlocked
  5. That can’t happen it’s physically impossible
  6. I’ve checked everything
  7. They’ll never defeat this system
I’m sure you can add more to the list

8. They'll never get water into this IP69 enclosure!

9. With this step-by-step procedure, they'll never mess up a changeover now!

10. Now that I've programmed all these fault messages into the HMI, they'll know what's wrong straight away.

11. Surely "emergency stop has been pressed" gives them a clue.

12. You want it to do what?!

Human Resources understand BS7671, ( at least some of it goes in , but gets muddled up when it comes out )

One program I re-wrote I kept getting agro about when it supposedly went wrong. I got to the stage of desperation trying to clear my name. I added a sub program to the main to track every time the plant was switched in to manual. Only the plant engineer and myself knew it was in there.

Arrived at work one afternoon to be informed that someone had been injured due to my program. OK tell me what time it happened. Went away and came back with a list of the machines state at the time of the accident and a set of photographs I’d taken a few weeks before.
The photographs showed the operator fast asleep, waking up, going in to panic mode and switching the machine to manual.
The logs showed where in its cycle it was, switched to manual, what the idiot did.

It took someone nearly been killed to get the management to wake up. The plant engineer and myself walked out of the boardroom with smug grins. The plant manager was worried, he’d been covering up cock ups for 3 years by blaming the program!

Reply to Production workers in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock