Discuss Programming key switch on an accenta G4 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi can anyone one run through how I program a zone as a keyswitch on the accenta G4 alarm it has the remote key pad. I've installed a Konnected wireless interface which has a relay for setting the alarm from a mobile but I can't find the instructions for setting the zone as a keyswitch in the manuals at all. Thanks.

go into zone config. select zone number, then zone type is "5" for keyswitch.

dunno how to do on LED, if in fact you can. might be an idea to buy a LCD pad.

Spoke to a technician at honeywell who said the g4 can't have its zones programmed as a keyswitch so I might be screwed. How though does a GSM dialer set and unset the g4? As I know you can buy them
Hi John, I’m in the same situation, I have the Accenta G4 with LCD panels. I’ve ordered the Konnected board and now searching how it can be remotely armed/disarmed. I didn’t realise you couldn’t program a zone as an arm/disarm function, I also thought the dialler may be a way around it. Let me know how you get on I will also do a little digging.

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sure there must be a way, I was thinking of finding out how the set/unset input comes from the keypad and seeing if the konnected relay/momentary switch could make that signal thus setting the alarm but I'm unsure how to check this.

John

If you haven’t resolved your problem would you be willing to part company with your interface board. It sounds as though you actually need the new Konnected Alarm Panel board linked to the new interface add-on for what you are trying to achieve.

Jon
@Jon Mac and @ John Sleaford I have the same conundrundrum with the G4. I also want to use the Konnected interface. I don't want to remove my alarm panel completely because I still want to use my remote LED keypad for guests etc. In regards, arming and disarming, did you find a way of using the G4, does it have a hidden key switch setting? What was your solution.

Attachments

• Programming key switch on an accenta G4 IMG_20210814_093933 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20210814_093933.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Programming key switch on an accenta G4 IMG_20210814_093825 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20210814_093825.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sure there must be a way, I was thinking of finding out how the set/unset input comes from the keypad and seeing if the konnected relay/momentary switch could make that signal thus setting the alarm but I'm unsure how to check this.
John

If you haven’t resolved your problem would you be willing to part company with your interface board. It sounds as though you actually need the new Konnected Alarm Panel board linked to the new interface add-on for what you are trying to achieve.

Jon

I don't want to dig up an old post but info is scarce and I'm facing the same issue. Did anybody work this problem out in the end?

Reply to Programming key switch on an accenta G4 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock