Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Pros...cons...preferences.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

after my rather vague thread Friday about finding the 30 mtrs of 10mm 2 core swa In the back of me van.....after some views on earthing to the shed, 3 options as far as I’m aware are
1. Run a single 10mm from main met upto the shed and use that
2. Use the armour of the swa, adiabatic permitting..
3. Connect the swa to the main met at source end and TT the shed
Each option is appruthe same cost wise and it’s my own house so Labour is not a big issue, as per title just after others views and preferences....

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Like you said,tt @ shed end then main bond any extraneous conductive part,water,steel.
Shed protected by Rcd,Swa protected by mcb & Main earthing system,job a good one.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
after my rather vague thread Friday about finding the 30 mtrs of 10mm 2 core swa In the back of me van.....after some views on earthing to the shed, 3 options as far as I’m aware are
1. Run a single 10mm from main met upto the shed and use that
2. Use the armour of the swa, adiabatic permitting..
3. Connect the swa to the main met at source end and TT the shed
Each option is appruthe same cost wise and it’s my own house so Labour is not a big issue, as per title just after others views and preferences....
appruthe??? WTF does that mean?????

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks chaps, nothing extraneous I am leaning towards the armour......better hon up on the adiabatic,

S

Squid

Have a rummage in the van until the pile of crud as you may find 30mts of 3 core 10mm, thank me later ;o)))))

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Have a rummage in the van until the pile of crud as you may find 30mts of 3 core 10mm, thank me later ;o)))))
Yeah….I was wondering how long that 2 core had been missing...….How long has it been there?...Is it red and black?;)

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You think the cable is amusing....I’m off to do the adiabatic! Wait till I post them maths up ha ha ha :)

Reply to Pros...cons...preferences.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom