• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Pros...cons...preferences.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x
Electrician's Arms
after my rather vague thread Friday about finding the 30 mtrs of 10mm 2 core swa In the back of me van.....after some views on earthing to the shed, 3 options as far as I’m aware are
1. Run a single 10mm from main met upto the shed and use that
2. Use the armour of the swa, adiabatic permitting..
3. Connect the swa to the main met at source end and TT the shed
Each option is appruthe same cost wise and it’s my own house so Labour is not a big issue, as per title just after others views and preferences....

cliffed

Regular EF Member
Like you said,tt @ shed end then main bond any extraneous conductive part,water,steel.
Shed protected by Rcd,Swa protected by mcb & Main earthing system,job a good one.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
after my rather vague thread Friday about finding the 30 mtrs of 10mm 2 core swa In the back of me van.....after some views on earthing to the shed, 3 options as far as I’m aware are
1. Run a single 10mm from main met upto the shed and use that
2. Use the armour of the swa, adiabatic permitting..
3. Connect the swa to the main met at source end and TT the shed
Each option is appruthe same cost wise and it’s my own house so Labour is not a big issue, as per title just after others views and preferences....
appruthe??? WTF does that mean?????

Baddegg

Electrician's Arms
Thanks chaps, nothing extraneous I am leaning towards the armour......better hon up on the adiabatic,

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Have a rummage in the van until the pile of crud as you may find 30mts of 3 core 10mm, thank me later ;o)))))

ipf

Forum Mentor
Have a rummage in the van until the pile of crud as you may find 30mts of 3 core 10mm, thank me later ;o)))))
Yeah….I was wondering how long that 2 core had been missing...….How long has it been there?...Is it red and black?;)

Baddegg

Electrician's Arms
You think the cable is amusing....I’m off to do the adiabatic! Wait till I post them maths up ha ha ha :)

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.