Discuss Pros...cons...preferences.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Am I missing something here?
If you know that the cpc is 26mm, why do you need to do the adiabatic?
Apologies if I'm being stupid.
If the CSA of the Steel Wire is 26mm2.
It’s not a given that the copper equivalence will be sufficient.

Here’s a link to a chart produced by John Peckham, for at a glance checking the CSA of the Steel Wire is sufficient:
Use SWA as CPC, a guide to the acceptability of steel wire armour use as CPC. - https://gadsolutions.biz/regulations/swa-as-the-cpc

Sure this has been posted in the past.

Baddegg, my experience of the adiabatic is limited too, hence the question. Just about getting my head around it now though, i think.

Charlie, the name Pretty Mouth comes from the movie Deliverance (my favourite romantic comedy), what makes you so sure I'm a boy? Haha

By my new sums using measured values I get 4.16 so either way I’m good, thanks again

That’s using 0.1s tripping from the curve charts...

after my rather vague thread Friday about finding the 30 mtrs of 10mm 2 core swa In the back of me van.....after some views on earthing to the shed, 3 options as far as I’m aware are
1. Run a single 10mm from main met upto the shed and use that
2. Use the armour of the swa, adiabatic permitting..
3. Connect the swa to the main met at source end and TT the shed
Each option is appruthe same cost wise and it’s my own house so Labour is not a big issue, as per title just after others views and preferences....
Depending on which body you talk to the armour on swa is acceptable to cable that has cores of 95 mm and under but it's never a bad idea to bring A10 g/y with it

Reply to Pros...cons...preferences.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have a question as I can’t get my head around something with solar PV I’m going to be working on a new build in a couple of...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to build a shed in the far RH corner of the rear garden. It will have a reinforced concrete base, wood structure, flat roof and be...
Replies
Views
Short Version Is it permissible to have 2 feeds to 2 separate consumer units in a detached garage? Is it permissible to run SWA underground...
Replies
Views
I am considering the options which may apply to the earthing arrangement for a supply to a wooden shed. The property has a TN-C-S supply from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock