Discuss prospective fault current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benpollard

on electrical installation certificate at the top under supply characteristics it asks for
(next to single phase) a prospective fault current in KA
How do i measure this reading please?
Thanks!

It's the highest reading between your PSCC & PEFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Test between line and neutral (PSCC)and then line and earth (PEFC)and record the highest measurement with your meter on the correct setting.

If TNCS both should be the same.

PFC. Hi. ( you don't use no-trip for Ze and pfc at origin.). with your main switch OFF. and main earth disconnected from MET. remember this is a live test . the other way is to enquire the value os Ze ( good luck with your interminable lengthy phone calls ) and calculate the pfc.

Last edited:
my error, there . well spotted IQ. a bit slow today, got man flu, and a deficiency of alcohol.

Reply to prospective fault current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Confused as to what the earth fault loop is. I'm aware it's the path that fault current takes (Line-Earth) but how many times does fault current...
Replies
Views
Having a challenge understanding the concept behind why when you measure across line and neutral (live circuit) using voltage indicators we have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock