This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Proteus cover in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Anyone have or know where I can get a cover for a proteus 17th edition unit?....customer got the lid missing for some reason, nothing worse wrong with and it’s inside a cupboard...

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CEF are the only wholesaler I know to stock Proteus. Can’t believe humans are still fitting it.
Yeah I know, it’s for remedials on an eicr...

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
A few years ago when I was contract manager at a reasonable sized firm my local CEF rep arranged a couple of days away at the Tamlite and Proteus factory to try and convince me it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Tamlite factory wasn’t to bad, would still not use the stuff but the Proteus factory, Jesus Christ, what a load of carp that was. The factory supervisor showed us a custom made panel board they were just finishing off, dead proud of it he was, he was not best pleased when I told him I wouldn’t put it in one of our jobs if he supplied and came and fitted it for free. Awful stuff.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
A few years ago when I was contract manager at a reasonable sized firm my local CEF rep arranged a couple of days away at the Tamlite and Proteus factory to try and convince me it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Tamlite factory wasn’t to bad, would still not use the stuff but the Proteus factory, Jesus Christ, what a load of carp that was. The factory supervisor showed us a custom made panel board they were just finishing off, dead proud of it he was, he was not best pleased when I told him I wouldn’t put it in one of our jobs if he supplied and came and fitted it for free. Awful stuff.
Yeah completely agree, the stuff is garbage, seems a shame to change a unit for a cover though...or would being in a cupboard negate that?

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yeah completely agree, the stuff is garbage, seems a shame to change a unit for a cover though...or would being in a cupboard negate that?
If it’s a 3rd amendment install I’d imagine it will effect the fire rating of the enclosure? Surely if you speak to a CEF they will be able to order one in for you, or maybe eBay?
Post automatically merged:

Just read OP again and saw you didn’t mention Am 3. Depending on the cupboard maybe if it was locked or only accessible with a tool and a warning sign in place you might get away with it? Wouldn’t like to say 100%.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
If it’s a 3rd amendment install I’d imagine it will effect the fire rating of the enclosure? Surely if you speak to a CEF they will be able to order one in for you, or maybe eBay?
No not yet I’ll pop on tomorrow, only just left it this evening...not 3rd all plastic with the usually little blueish plastic see through cover...

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
I had to fit a mcb in a Proteus board today, the mcbs use the fork style busbar which holds them together, the busbar has little screws to secure it in the right place. the mcbs dont actually lock onto the din rail!
didnt like it at all as I had to add an unprotected mcb into it, so struggled to keep it secure.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
That’s what the customer sent me...

Attachments

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
Looks like a unit fitted under 16th not 17th to me?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
as above ^^^^^^. no access to live parts, no code needed.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
You say its for remedials on an EICR...I'm curious as to what code that got and what risk it being missing poses?
No code mate,noted it’s missing, just wanted to tidy it up....it’s in a cupboard just for the unit anyways

richy3333

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Bet he’ll regret posting the pic now 😂

Reply to Proteus cover in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom