Discuss Proteus cover in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Anyone have or know where I can get a cover for a proteus 17th edition unit?....customer got the lid missing for some reason, nothing worse wrong with and it’s inside a cupboard...

A few years ago when I was contract manager at a reasonable sized firm my local CEF rep arranged a couple of days away at the Tamlite and Proteus factory to try and convince me it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Tamlite factory wasn’t to bad, would still not use the stuff but the Proteus factory, Jesus Christ, what a load of carp that was. The factory supervisor showed us a custom made panel board they were just finishing off, dead proud of it he was, he was not best pleased when I told him I wouldn’t put it in one of our jobs if he supplied and came and fitted it for free. Awful stuff.

A few years ago when I was contract manager at a reasonable sized firm my local CEF rep arranged a couple of days away at the Tamlite and Proteus factory to try and convince me it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Tamlite factory wasn’t to bad, would still not use the stuff but the Proteus factory, Jesus Christ, what a load of carp that was. The factory supervisor showed us a custom made panel board they were just finishing off, dead proud of it he was, he was not best pleased when I told him I wouldn’t put it in one of our jobs if he supplied and came and fitted it for free. Awful stuff.
Yeah completely agree, the stuff is garbage, seems a shame to change a unit for a cover though...or would being in a cupboard negate that?

Yeah completely agree, the stuff is garbage, seems a shame to change a unit for a cover though...or would being in a cupboard negate that?

If it’s a 3rd amendment install I’d imagine it will effect the fire rating of the enclosure? Surely if you speak to a CEF they will be able to order one in for you, or maybe eBay?
[automerge]1593459910[/automerge]
Just read OP again and saw you didn’t mention Am 3. Depending on the cupboard maybe if it was locked or only accessible with a tool and a warning sign in place you might get away with it? Wouldn’t like to say 100%.

If it’s a 3rd amendment install I’d imagine it will effect the fire rating of the enclosure? Surely if you speak to a CEF they will be able to order one in for you, or maybe eBay?
No not yet I’ll pop on tomorrow, only just left it this evening...not 3rd all plastic with the usually little blueish plastic see through cover...

I had to fit a mcb in a Proteus board today, the mcbs use the fork style busbar which holds them together, the busbar has little screws to secure it in the right place. the mcbs dont actually lock onto the din rail!
didnt like it at all as I had to add an unprotected mcb into it, so struggled to keep it secure.

That’s what the customer sent me...

Attachments

• Proteus cover 0B6A1F09-6CF3-47C7-862D-4F3548C26D28 - EletriciansForums.net
    0B6A1F09-6CF3-47C7-862D-4F3548C26D28.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 47
as above ^^^^^^. no access to live parts, no code needed.

You say its for remedials on an EICR...I'm curious as to what code that got and what risk it being missing poses?
No code mate,noted it’s missing, just wanted to tidy it up....it’s in a cupboard just for the unit anyways

Reply to Proteus cover in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock