Discuss Public Liability Insurance in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Towergate I think its called, but just ring around and make sure you are comparing like for like. Trade Direct is another one we have used. what type of work do you want insuring for?This isn't just for your mates job is it?

Towergate I think its called, but just ring around and make sure you are comparing like for like. Trade Direct is another one we have used. what type of work do you want insuring for?This isn't just for your mates job is it?

It will be mainly for mates jobs as a few I’ve seen have asked about being self employed and registered as a ltd company. So I would assume that I would need public liability insurance, it’s more for piece of mind.

Like all insurances they are a waste of money until you need them. But when you need them you want to be sure you are covered for what you or a third party are claiming for. If they have to pay out any substantial amount they will go through the claim with a fine tooth comb (trust me from experience). Its worth making sure you get the insurance policy you need to cover all aspects of the work you are doing. Insurance companies will go to great lengths to avoid paying out, especially if its a cheap policy.

Read the small print! You do often get what you pay for.

I'm with Arthur J Gallagher, as they work with Stroma.

Previous to that I used Simply business as a broker.

Trade direct for me for the EL.PL,Professional Ind, tools etc. Regardless if you are ever concerned about a scenario ring the provider up. I had to take a small boat to an Island and asked them to confirm in writing if my tools would be covered in the event they went overboard. They were happy to confirm the case FOC.

Hiscox PL EL PI and Tools for me.

End of the day, ring round, make them battle for your signature play them off against one another.

Insurance companies are all the same at the end of the day, happy to take your money but make it a ball ache if you ever want to claim something through them.

Reply to Public Liability Insurance in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock