Discuss Pull Switch Advice Required in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Alex P

-
Reaction score
I would appreciate some advice removing a bedroom pull switch from the lighting wiring.

The pull switch is quite old and has no terminal markings on it. There are three wires which I have removed from the pull switch, one red, one red with grey shield (live) and one black.

The light switch also has three wires, one red (L1), one red with grey shield (COM) and one black (L2).

With the pull switch wires removed, non of the light switch wires are live.

To get the light switch working independant of the pull switch, what wires should I join/isolate from the pull switch and what wires should I join/isolate from the light switch?

Thanks, Alex P

Hi Alex - since you’ve mentioned a light switch too, I’m guessing the pull switch is part of a 2 way set up? This is where it’s good to take a pic before dismantling :) .

Alex you need to call an Electrician to sus out the wiring and reinstate, DIYing it is not advised in this case, I'm afraid. Wgere are you based someone on the forum may live near you and offer to help, for a fee of course.

Hi, I'm based in Gloucester.

Would be grateful for any electrician contact you could provide.

Hi, I'm based in Gloucester.

Would be grateful for any electrician contact you could provide.
One of the members close to you may contact you Alex, it would be wrong of me to give you a name, if you are that desperate, look at the local Electricians in your area, I'm sure there will be a local rag with different trades advertising, just explain what the problem is, if you havr been messing where perhaps you shouldn't have been, don't fudge the issue, come clean and admit it, many like to help those who have mistakenly tried to help themselves, I would if I was closer, but Northampton / to Gloucester is a bit to far, "a bridge to far" in reality, good luck anyway.

Reply to Pull Switch Advice Required in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock