Discuss Pulling the fuse on top-up meters????? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

For my billionth question today, does anyone know what happens if you pull the fuse on a top-up style electricity meter (you know, the one with the card or fob and you buy credits from paypoint or whatever), would the customer lose all their credits?

if that were the case, they would lose their credit in the event of a power cut, and i've never heard of that.

simultaneous answers. big word that for a sunday

But what happens when you put the fuse back in?
The meter lights up and....that's about all. Had me baffled the first time I encountered one of those!
There's a time delay before the contactor is energised. Not sure if it's a random value programmed into the meter, or it is signalled in some way.

Suppose it's to do with minimising the inrush on the distribution equipment when re-energising after a power cut.

Simon.

Reply to Pulling the fuse on top-up meters????? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
This is an issue that is starting to get more of a ball ache for me, when theres a smart meter installed without an isolator and I really need to...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock