Discuss Pulsating LED in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an 82 coaster and I put together some day driving lights. Problem is, they pulsate. With my limited knowledge, I think I need a Capacitor in parallel, though I wouldnt have a clue as to what value Id be looking for? I looked around and it seems like Id need to read a whole book on Caps to understand them. So I was wondering if someone could at least give me the equation? I dont have the head for in depth learning at the moment sadly...

Thanks

Hi all,

I have an 82 coaster and I put together some day driving lights. Problem is, they pulsate. With my limited knowledge, I think I need a Capacitor in parallel, though I wouldnt have a clue as to what value Id be looking for? I looked around and it seems like Id need to read a whole book on Caps to understand them. So I was wondering if someone could at least give me the equation? I dont have the head for in depth learning at the moment sadly...

Thanks
are they bright enough at there lowest brightness or diming very low?

sounds like you havent got a steady voltage

a capacitor will have no effect on a supplied d.c. voltage. it will only smooth out irregularities on a voltage derived from a.c.

Reply to Pulsating LED in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Current situation is - Adult learner (I'm 38 in a few weeks) I have my Level 2&3 (obtained last September) started learning at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm currently working on a project where I'd like to slowly fade the brightness of a series of high brightness RGBW LEDs. Basically...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Some time last year a contractor who visited our house suggested that our mains supply cable coming into the house could be coated in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock