Discuss Pulse pir? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Doctorsparks

Hi guys,

I have been asked to price a job to replace two outside lights which are switched and run in twin and earth. the customer would like to have a pir on these but with an override. Am i right in thinking its a pulse override pir that I need?

i prefer to fit an override switch that feeds a switched L to the lights.. these PIRs that go to manual with a on/off/on/off arrangement aren't 100% .

Stand alone PIR with manual over ride , simply switch off and on within 5 seconds that over rides on switch off for 30 seconds and then back on back in PIR mode..

so you'll have to rely on the switch off/on malarky then, get a decent make of PIR,

Thank you that's how I have done it in the past. but the customer doesn't want me to run in any new wire in the house?

Ahhh. The customer that wants a magician not an electrician. Tell him you can fit him some 40 Amp wireless sockets while you're there, then run off. Laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys just thought Id let you know I have now done this job explained to the customer before starting about the off on off on business with these lights he said its fine as long as I didn't need to put in new cables. Now he's complaining that he finds the off on off on annoying???

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys just thought Id let you know I have now done this job explained to the customer before starting about the off on off on business with these lights he said its fine as long as I didn't need to put in new cables. Now he's complaining that he finds the off on off on annoying???

Well he didn't want any wiring in the house, he's got what he wanted, so what's he got to moan about?

This job would be good if it weren't for customers.

Jim

Reply to Pulse pir? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net