Discuss Pulsing lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
In my house at night some of the lights sometimes go slowly on and off and then stay dark for a while and again go on and off. Teach on off is about 1 second. They don't go on full, just a little but clear enough. The lights I have are all leds. The setup is that they are connected to a hybrid inverter of solar (inverter is connected to both panels and government power and have a set of batteries). This is by the way in the rural area in Thailand.

Anyone has an idea on why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Peter

In my house at night some of the lights sometimes go slowly on and off and then stay dark for a while and again go on and off. Teach on off is about 1 second. They don't go on full, just a little but clear enough. The lights I have are all leds. The setup is that they are connected to a hybrid inverter of solar (inverter is connected to both panels and government power and have a set of batteries). This is by the way in the rural area in Thailand.

Anyone has an idea on why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Peter

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any test equipment?

Single transformer serving multiple led lights and LEDs are picking up induced power from another circuit as an idea only. Suggest get a qualified electrician to check and check rest of house at same time. Better safe than sorry.

thanks, trying to find people for that. The "qualified" thing is not the strongest here ;-)

Buy some neon indicator lamps with fly leads already attached and place one in parallel with each of your LED lamps - ie wired across each load. If you do not want to see the glow of the neon indicator then place it out of sight. It does not matter which way round you wire the leads of the neon indicator. The neon indicator must suit your mains voltage so 240V or 120V whichever is the voltage in your home. THEY MUST BE THE ONE WITH INSULATED LEADS ALREADY ATTACHED not the bare glass peanut lamps.

You ought to be able to buy them on Amazon too.

If you are not competent with electricity buy the neon lamps and then ask an electrician to wire them in parallel.

Last edited:

Reply to Pulsing lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock