• Thanks for subscribing!

We have a hidden forum for subscribed members only. CLICK HERE. Please start a new thread and include some suggestions for improvements.

Discuss pump puzzle in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a oil fired combi, and I have had it for 7 years with no issues but recently I have been able to hear the pump running when the room stat or timer has switched the system off is that norma ??l and if we turn it off manually at the timer the boiler fires up for about 30 secs maybe its done this all the time and I am only now aware of it
Pict

sounds like overrun . probably been doing this all the time.

A lot of boilers have pump overun to take the heat away from boiler,this also helps prolong the life of the boilerI would suggest you google the model of boiler as it will tell you if that is the case.Also maybe the pump is getting a bit knackered and thats why you have suddenly noticed it running as it,s a bit noisier.

The pump on my worcester hi-flow was running constantly. A friendly heating engineer who i know told me that it was probably the PCB controlling the over-run. Lo and behold he was right. New pcb and happy days again

Reply to pump puzzle in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock