Discuss Pump tripping out board after 10 mins in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Simon Hall

I have a pump running for a swimming pool but after about 10 mins it trips out does any one know why this is happening it's run off a non rcd board thanks

From the detailed and comprehensive information you have provide I would guess it is tripping because there is a fault!

However ten minutes sounds like an overload situation i.e. the circuit is pulling more current than the circuit breaker can handle.

Hi sorry the pump has just had bearings changed, it trips out the whole board then won't switch back on again after tripping out, I thought it was the rating on the breaker but it's ran off the same breaker for 8 years without a problem. Also the cable is ok

Simon, a little advice if I may. If you want meaningful advice and not just a bunch of bored blokes taking the mick then post up some detailed info about your problem.

No information as per usual.

Simon, if you want help you need to give details. Test results and details of what’s tripping would help.

I’m out of here, I’m not the type to make wild guesses as to what it could be. Plus the pubs open.

Hi sorry the pump has just had bearings changed, it trips out the whole board then won't switch back on again after tripping out, I thought it was the rating on the breaker but it's ran off the same breaker for 8 years without a problem. Also the cable is ok

Did it trip before the bearings were changed???

If not try looking at the bearings.

Maybe they haven't been fitted correctly and are warming up after ten minutes and starting to seize??

take it out, smack it's arse, put it back in. well, it works with women!

What's it's running current, for the time it is running?

Was it test run before refitting?

Has the person who fitted the bearings ever successfully fitted bearings before?

What was the fault that caused it to have new bearings fitted?

Did it leak when the old bearing were failing and has the I.R of the motor been checked?

take it out, smack it's arse, put it back in. well, it works with women!

Careful there Tel ...... divven't ye let Tidyboiler hear ye saying them things - unless you can run fast and have a ten yard start.

She's got a hell of a right hook that can knock a horse out cold with just one punch and she's a crack shot with a rifle and shotgun.

(the bit about the horse may not be strictly true, but the rest of it certainly is!!)

first bit censored. women all the same. all gob till you get them over the knee.

going now. monty python live on sky gold. 7.00pm.

Reply to Pump tripping out board after 10 mins in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock