Discuss Punch ups on site ! ! ! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A foreman threatened me with a scaffold pole in front of a cable gang. They were shouting I should get him the sack. What they didn’t know was I’d threatened him the week before. We were like cat and dog, arguing all the time but between us we got things done.

Moving a 11/3.3/.433kV substation pushed both of us to the limit, we were ready to strangle each other!

Years back I had a run in with the works "bully" This guy was 6' 5" and built like a wrestler, he had a reputation and was feared, rightly so, by most. One day I turned up at work and had got the hump, I'd always avoided this guy cause he was notorious for bullying and singling out people. Anyhow, on this particular day we had a run in and without any thought I retaliated. The shock of my retaliation surprised the guy and everyone around. As I came to my senses I expected a beating but instead the guy walked off. For the rest of the day I was weary knowing that he was going to "kill me" at some point (I was poohing my pants). When he finally approached me I was shocked and relieved as he apologised to me. We became good friends and in fact from that day forward I looked on him as my "big bro". His attitude changed towards other people and he became more respected for being the "bigger man".
I wanted to share this story since it turned out nice in the end.

I once worked with a guy who never argued with his tongue only with his fists. I witnessed him knock out many a man sometimes very unexpectedly. I remember once we were working away when he said to me "that guy, the chippy over there, irritates me, he loves the sound of his own voice" I just nodded and we carried on working for a bit. My mate headed off towards the vans, which I assumed he was getting something from the van. But instead he walked over to the chippy punched him once, knocked him out then just strolled back over to me and carried on working without any mention of anything.
I assume he got his comeuppance. You just can't go around knocking people out.

Every action must be avenged. That's why it is usual etiquette to pack up your stuff and leave site.

You know you're sacked or if not by official means then there will be a revenge attack.

Every action must be avenged. That's why it is usual etiquette to pack up your stuff and leave site.

Slightly off topic; my son was punched in the face on a Friday night, because he didn’t have a cigarette to give to his assailant. Being slightly drunk, and not suspecting to be assaulted over such a matter, he hit the deck like a sack of spuds, hitting his jaw on a kerb edge.

This broke his jaw in two places, requiring them to be pinned. One of the pins is corroding and ten years on, he suffers with infections and pain periodically.

So whilst it’s amusing hearing in these stories, the reality for the victims is somewhat different and not amusing at all.

Slightly off topic; my son was punched in the face on a Friday night, because he didn’t have a cigarette to give to his assailant. Being slightly drunk, and not suspecting to be assaulted over such a matter, he hit the deck like a sack of spuds, hitting his jaw on a kerb edge.

This broke his jaw in two places, requiring them to be pinned. One of the pins is corroding and ten years on, he suffers with infections and pain periodically.

So whilst it’s amusing hearing in these stories, the reality for the victims is somewhat different and not amusing at all.
sorry to hear this Midwest but it is only light hearted chat and stories of peeps experiences that we write about there will always will be peeps that dont like the subject matter .not being funny mate but title of thread says punch ups on site ,I would imagine you knew what you would be reading when opening said thread so if it upsets you then why read it , and make others feel bad for writing about their experiences and ruining others enjoyment , im not having a go mate justsaying

You know you're sacked or if not by official means then there will be a revenge attack.
These days yes, instant dismissal for any sort of aggressive behaviour. Back then, this sort of behaviour, though not acceptable was not taken as serious. It tended to be "out on the car park and scrap things out mentality".
Oh he had his fare share of revenge beatings, he just accepted this would happen. Many times he would shake hands and apologise and move on, other times the feud would continue with no resolve. He was one of the youngest of six boys and brought up on a tough council estate so I guess this was just the norm for him back then.

sorry to hear this Midwest but it is only light hearted chat and stories of peeps experiences that we write about there will always will be peeps that dont like the subject matter .not being funny mate but title of thread says punch ups on site ,I would imagine you knew what you would be reading when opening said thread so if it upsets you then why read it , and make others feel bad for writing about their experiences and ruining others enjoyment , im not having a go mate justsaying

No offence taken; just highlighting the point that people who are handy with their fists and see the need to show off their skills, need to recognise the implications of their actions. My son got off quite lightly, some have lost their life from a single punch.

Reply to Punch ups on site ! ! ! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock