Discuss Putting a DB in a hotel extension in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DaveW4

Trainee
Reaction score
I am currently attempting an assignment which involves installing an EV charging unit in the car park of a hotel extension, the extension will have its own DB. Although not part of the assignment, I was interested in whether the new DB has its own feed or will come from the main DB in the hotel. I would also like to know that if possible, how will the new DB connect to the main and the effects it will have on it? First time user so please forgive any inaccuracies or lack of correct terminology.
From an old, tired, overweight and exasperated mature student in a class full of youngsters. Get me!

Job to know without more specific details but would think DB circuit off main DB and EV point off Sub DB would be easiest.
Cheers. I did look online but could not find anything of use. Will have to try harder.
[automerge]1581363575[/automerge]
that must be me has well ,lol,may be you could join the trainee area to start off with , considering you have a assignment .
Were would I find the Student/Trainee section, that sounds like were I should be?

Cheers. I did look online but could not find anything of use. Will have to try harder.
[automerge]1581363575[/automerge]

Were would I find the Student/Trainee section, that sounds like were I should be?
Click on @Dan then start a conversation asking for trainee access.

I am currently attempting an assignment which involves installing an EV charging unit in the car park of a hotel extension, the extension will have its own DB. Although not part of the assignment, I was interested in whether the new DB has its own feed or will come from the main DB in the hotel. I would also like to know that if possible, how will the new DB connect to the main and the effects it will have on it? First time user so please forgive any inaccuracies or lack of correct terminology.
From an old, tired, overweight and exasperated mature student in a class full of youngsters. Get me!

This sounds a lot like you are trying to get us to answer a homework question.

As I stated, my question has no bearing on my assignment, I was and still am interested. In fact, I have already completed that part of the assignment.

The electrical charging unit will be supplied from the TNCS supply in the main hotel buidling.

Reply to Putting a DB in a hotel extension in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock