Discuss PV and the end of FIT's? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Colin33

-
Arms
Reaction score
With the probable end to FIT's next April I was wondering how this will affect the industry. Will sales of 'Iboost' and similar rise due to people choosing not to give away their surplus electricity? And how will the new regime affect the micro-generation schemes? Without the need to apply for FIT's, does this mean that qualified PV installers no longer need to be members of this scheme in order to install pv systems? So many questions...

With the probable end to FIT's next April I was wondering how this will affect the industry. Will sales of 'Iboost' and similar rise due to people choosing not to give away their surplus electricity? And how will the new regime affect the micro-generation schemes? Without the need to apply for FIT's, does this mean that qualified PV installers no longer need to be members of this scheme in order to install pv systems? So many questions...
We are fitting 1 a day atm for a sales company. They think they will still be able to sell once the FIT disappears...I can’t see how TBH.

A very predictable end,to a catastrophic casserole of nonsense...

I'm still partly involved in the never ending Y job,with PV.

Y am i not getting what i was promised?
Y is my roof wrecked?
Y are they not pointing at the sun?
Y has my sale fallen through?
Y are they insolvent?
Y could i not reverse this agreement,it's wrong?
Y is the FCA telling me i may be able to reverse this agreement...because it's wrong?

A laudable and commendable notion,defiled and finished,by good ole' story telling and greed...

Aaahhhh....now i feel better :)

A very predictable end,to a catastrophic casserole of nonsense...

I'm still partly involved in the never ending Y job,with PV.

Y am i not getting what i was promised?
Y is my roof wrecked?
Y are they not pointing at the sun?
Y has my sale fallen through?
Y are they insolvent?
Y could i not reverse this agreement,it's wrong?
Y is the FCA telling me i may be able to reverse this agreement...because it's wrong?

A laudable and commendable notion,defiled and finished,by good ole' story telling and greed...

Aaahhhh....now i feel better :)

Wow, I’m glad a forum member fitted mine.

So without FITS, unless the hardware suddenly drops by 50% they will never pay for themselves realistically. Right?

That’s going to be a tough sell.

The premise it was launched on was unsustainable.

I could rattle on all night...so let me think of an analogy...one with something eco in it...ah,got it...

You have an electric car,with a small battery,and a wind turbine generator,on the roof...the faster you push it,the more it generates,the faster it goes,and the battery charges more...but there's a problem...

The people that talked you in to having it,are selling more,with smaller and smaller batteries,and when you buy your battery,it's dearer,to pay for the even dearer,smaller batteries for everyone else...

Don't worry,because even people with no need for batteries,have to pay more towards everyones batteries.

Early on,people got cars with free batteries,and may even not need to drive anywhere...but still get some of the later battery funds.

Oh,and some of these cars don't work,point backwards,have been put together in the dark,with the keys,logbook and maps,owned by a stranger...

It is a real shame,because some of these people thought electric cars were a good idea,but now,when offered the opportunity again,would rather travel on their hands and knees,over broken glass,in a lemon juice rainstorm.

I do children's bedtime stories...but i have heard crying...;)

I did the installation course primarily to be confident enough to fit my own system, but also with the mind to fit others. However, I soon realised that the cost and hassle of mcs registration was not worth the bother unless I was going to fit full time. I fitted my own system, paid a guy to register for fit's at 12.5p, and the whole lot came in at under 4k. When I was on the course, I soon realised that I was the only one with an interest in environmental issues, and all others were completely profit motivated, encouraged by the tutor. I'm a big fan of pv, but it should be made easier for competent non mcs registered folk like myself to fit systems without the need for scheme membership, and without a primary aim of profit.

I did think a few years back that all these outfits offering 'free' panels on your roof would be the next PPI.
In time I reckon people will start seeing that they are not getting what was promised. then the men in suits will make more money taking civil action.
Around this way you had guys who used to work for surprise surprise a UPVC window outfit door knocking trying to get people signed up to have panels. was a right dodgy outfit doing it. after a good first visit the technical survey was done and then on to the panels. Had a watchdog special written all over it

I did think a few years back that all these outfits offering 'free' panels on your roof would be the next PPI.
In time I reckon people will start seeing that they are not getting what was promised. then the men in suits will make more money taking civil action.
Around this way you had guys who used to work for surprise surprise a UPVC window outfit door knocking trying to get people signed up to have panels. was a right dodgy outfit doing it. after a good first visit the technical survey was done and then on to the panels. Had a watchdog special written all over it
I fitted hundreds of systems for an investment firm who chucked it on people’s houses for free. Each system would earn them about 30k profit over the 25 years. I supplied and fitted 250 systems for them for about 2 million...I estimate they will make about 7-8 million profit from them, being indexed linked and getting 50% of generation export rate.

An honest post,Lee,but when financial instruments drive,control and guide these ideas...it only ever ends one way. Nobody searches out PPI as a product...

I have been approached by an outfit,with a proposition regarding the inspection and assessment processes,which are undoubtedly going to unfold,regarding this travesty.

The director of the firm contacted me,after a conversation we had,at an ECO EXPO,in Manchester,8 years ago:eek:

He hunted me down,as he remembered the "sportsman's bet" i had with him,regarding my assertion that the signed and sealed agreements would be unpicked,reversed and compensated. He was following events in Scotland,and contacted,shortly after.

It saddens me,as it was so easy to see it was destined for failure...and that's from a man,who made a solar-thermal rig,in me pal's grandad's allotment shed,for hand washing,with glass,a blackboard and some hose - not the most professional installation,but i was 13 :rolleyes:

Peg, I assume your situation is different to many in that you agreed for a company to install on your roof rather than funding your own installation?

No no no...nobody is getting on any roof of mine :cool:

My rantings are not based on any deal or arrangement which is now kneeing me in the spuds:eek:

Me pals dad had a saying..."thems that lives the longest sees the most..." and way before the maximum FIT rates were hobbled,i said and believed,it would be another claim/compensation plague...and along with,bank charging,PPI,mis-selling covered by the FSA,mis-selling covered by the FCA,a host of due diligence investment cons,boiler-room fraud,cavity insulation and equity-release...it will be joining in,soon.

Just promise to give me a tiny "raised eyebrow salute",when you are driving past some scaffolding one day,and they are removing the PV,fixing the roof...and then taking the scaffolding down ;)

Reply to PV and the end of FIT's? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock