Discuss PV Array testing help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AndyN

I am slightly unsure about some of the tests on the DC side of my PV installation. I can fill out Voc (stc) and measure it in the string test too. Insulation resistance is no problem. My current short circuit string test Isc reads 0.99A. This seems low to me, any ideas? The DTi guide also gives 'Sun' under the string tests section. I think this means the irradiance measurement. I do not have an instrument to measure in watts per metre square but I do have a light meter to measure in Lux. Can I use this and do a conversion?
Have got my MCS accreditation assessment on Tuesday!

Anything above 0.00A is possible, it is the relationship between the solar irradiation reading and output of array which is important, 0.99A is not unusal if it is very overcast, I have had lower during miday in dark conditions.

I am sure the MCS assesor will ask if you have a radiance meter, just another expense I am afraid, got my Tenmars one on ebay for £75, i have seen same model for £150 so shop around.

This is the listing I bought from and arrived in 10days so will not arrive for assesment but recipet will be enough as I know other guys have had to prove they have purchased one at a later date after this as a non conformance. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solar-Power-M..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3a5d70e669

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you test a single module to see if its working properly? Test the irradiance, then measure the VOC and ISC...then what?

How do I work out if its workin through using an irradiance meter and formula. In the logic guide it tells us that we take the Isc then multiply it by, (irradiance @ STC x irradiance measured). Then what? quite new to this so sorry if i am acting like a bit of wood.

Guys
This might help you!!!! if the file attaches with the formulas!!!!
Just enter the Isc and Voc and it will calculate the final Isc at the correct radiance.
Let me know if it works.

The file won't attach for some reason ( bl---dy computers.
I will send it via your email If you PM me with your details.

Down loading the sun for generations to come.

Reply to PV Array testing help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock