Discuss PV Courses - C&G 2372 v NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shovelhead

Hi All, Just want to say hello and ask if anyone can recommend a good PV installation course. I'm based in London, but happy to travel. I really want something that will get me up and running, not just theory. Any thought on C&G 2372 v NICEIC?

I'm newish to sparking, trained up to C&G 2391 as a career change, but not as much practical experience as I would like - minor domestic jobs mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, Just want to say hello and ask if anyone can recommend a good PV installation course. I'm based in London, but happy to travel. I really want something that will get me up and running, not just theory. Any thought on C&G 2372 v NICEIC?

I'm newish to sparking, trained up to C&G 2391 as a career change, but not as much practical experience as I would like - minor domestic jobs mostly.

Good question but maybe a mod could move it to the PV forum for a better response?

Hi I did the 2372 course. It is more accepted than the NICEIC course. However the 4 days were spent grooming you to pass the exam not how to fit PV. There is a company down south that trains PV installers on real roofs not in a classroom. This may be worth a look IAN

Hi I did the 2372 course. It is more accepted than the NICEIC course. However the 4 days were spent grooming you to pass the exam not how to fit PV. There is a company down south that trains PV installers on real roofs not in a classroom. This may be worth a look IAN

I'd like to know more on this course, hands on is best.. Any idea of what the place is called?

Just after posting this I discovered that the 2372 has been replaced by the 2399 which also covers other froms of renewable energy. As it happens MGS electrical were running a course just up the road from me at NESCOT - Ewell. It was a 4 day course run by a really friendly sparks called Roy. I'd strongly recommend it.

MGS Electrical Training for more info.

when i was on the logic PV course there were a few lads that had done the NICEIC course already, they said the logic course was much better, more detailed, better delivered etc...

Reply to PV Courses - C&G 2372 v NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net