SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss PV Generation question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I listened to an article on the radio about solar panel owners who were receiving payments for electricity generated but were not benefitting from lower electricity bills as a result of their main meters being incorrectly set up on installation in some way. I am wondering if this could be affecting my system as my electricity bill seems to be very high and not to have significantly reduced since we installed solar p.v nearly 8 years ago .

Any thoughts on how I could check this?

Tim

Aico 3000 Range
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For clarity we are a family of 4 and the only expensive electrical thing that we have that most people perhaps wouldn't have is a small hot tub. Our average electricity bill is £3.02 per day (over £1,100 p.a.) which seems high. We have Gas central heating and no immersion heater.

Charlie_

-
Arms
How much electricity did you use before the hot tub?

Looking back my system has generated:- 1053 units (paid £587.21), 543 (£296.53) 697 (£380.63)
1079 (£589.79) 896 (£484.69) 500 (£262.27) 577 (£302.67) 1027 (£539.24) so it seems to be working well.

I live in Hythe, Kent my roof has the perfect pitch and faces the sea and has uninterrupted sun on it from dawn until dusk. As a result the energy company has queried how much we have produced as it is outside their predicted parameters.

My generation payments are typically:tearsofjoy:260 -£590

My 'deemed' payments are typically:tearsofjoy:8 - £20.00

You guys are the experts, does this all seem right or do I need to get something looked at?
How much electricity did you use before the hot tub?

Charlie, we got them both at around the same time so I can't answer that. we moved into a new house, got the PV panels within a couple of months and the hot tub too. It was supposed to cost about £1 a day. I can probably find the specs if that would help.

Charlie_

-
Arms
Just thinking that depending on use the hot tub will be power hungry..
Got a mate who installed a hot tub and his bill went up by 500/qtr.. I suggested he installed a hot water feed and blended it to the right temperature.. Leccy bill gone down, gas bill up but still saving lots...
Got another guy who bought a hot tub, I talked him into buying an electric car so he can get 1/2 price off peak tariff which ties in nicely with his bubble fun antics :)

Thanks Charlie, I will look into how expensive it is and re-post. Any ideas about my main issue as to whether I am being credited for what I generate?

Charlie_

-
Arms
Thanks Charlie, I will look into how expensive it is and re-post. Any ideas about my main issue as to whether I am being credited for what I generate?
The only thing I would suggest is to contact your supplier and ask them to come out and investigate

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to PV Generation question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom