Discuss pv installation problem - please help! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LayerSeven

hi everyone,
i'm doing a photovoltaic installation this week and i've got a bit of an awkward problem to get around...
the pv array is going on the roof of a secondary building that is completely separate from the main house. the problem is that the secondary building has its own supply so if i connect the panels up to the cu, the main house wont get the power generated.
the only option i can think of is to run the ac cable for the pv system from the main house overhead to the secondary building. underground isnt really an option as the owner isnt happy for his patio/garden to be dug up.
has anyone got any suggestions? any help would be great!
thanks

Catenary wire - check the regs for height restrictions

Also check with the customer whether he actually wants the electricity or just the FiT, might save you some effort if the latter

PJ

thanks pjcomp! i tried suggesting to them that they should get the FIT and just sell the power generated back to the grid but they didnt go for it! they want the array fed back to the main house

Hi Layer Seven
Have you figured out how to connect the second roof to the main building ? I am also wondering how to connect a building to a delivery point, both are separated by a road and trenches are obvisouly too much expensive...cannot find relevant regs for heigh restriction
Cheers
Yves

Reply to pv installation problem - please help! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi installing my first solar PV on my own home before starting the courses next year and need some advice on earthing PV. System 6kw solar PV - 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock