Discuss PV Interpreter needed. Connecting to the mains? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wortle

We have a spare space on the consumer unit (new 2003) Two companies have done site visits and both companies said exactly the same thing when looking at it.....they would move everything one to the right into the empty space and thus make themselves a spare slot near the big red switch (obviously my words & I do hope I am not being too technical for you!)

Now the quotes are in one supplier says they would install a "new MCB".Is that a sparate unit or just the plug in thingy? If a separate consumer unit of sorts, would it operate independently. If the main unit tripped for example would the feed in keep working if there was a new MCB? Would it be better?

Thanks

MCB means Miniature Circuit Breaker. It just means they are installing another breaker into your existing consumer unit.

Make sure that they don't install the MCB on a communal RCD as this is a common mistake.

mcb.jpegthe new MCB is just another circuit breaker, like the ones in your consumer unit, to provide overload protection. similar to if you were having a sower or similar additional circuit added. it'll just clip in the CU in the spare slot.

Reply to PV Interpreter needed. Connecting to the mains? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a temporary supply to a modular kitchen and need to bring over a new 3PN supply for a new temp consumer unit located...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock