Discuss PV Monitor in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tuck

Good afternoon ladies and gents, I don't suppose anyone could suggest a reasonably priced alternative to a Wattson energy monitor?

A customer of ours has a wattson at the moment but having recently had an extension built and there consumer unit re-sited has lost the battery pack that sends the data wirelessly to the desktop unit.

I know there are several other brands that will read either the PV output or the in house usage separately, but they really liked the fact that wattson would tell them what they had spare (without having to do the calculations themselves).

The problem is, having tried to check there website, it appears to no longer exist, there social media also seems to have stopped and stocks from a quick check online is all pending, tending to suggest they are no longer trading.

So any suggestions that don't cost the earth would be great (not expecting super accuracy given that its only a 3.5KWp system).

Thanks in advance all

We use the elios4u system from Sibert Solar. It's maybe not the cheapest, but does the job way better than watson, with data sent to a smartphone ap etc.

We use the elios4u system from Sibert Solar. It's maybe not the cheapest, but does the job way better than watson, with data sent to a smartphone ap etc.

I use Elios4you and find it works perfectly now, after some connection problems at the start. As I am a retired Nerd I was amused to be able to check on my solar panel, and empty house activity, while I was on a cruise just south of Barcelona, at the end of June last, through the 4Cloud on my iPhone (which I got only the week before leaving for the trip)!

Reply to PV Monitor in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net