• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Pv simulation software in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abbryld

I am looking for a 3D shading simulation software for pv systems. Any advice on what is best.

moggy1968

Electrician's Arms
PV sol is very unintuitive to use so factor in doing a course. Frankly I think they make it this way deliberately so they can flog you a course!
I haven't done a course and have been doing it myself and it really isn't easy to fathom.

A

abbryld

Thanks.
I agree. I have been using Autocad for years and i dont like the way you construct the buildings in PV*Sol.How about Pvsyst, DDS cad-pv or Solarplaner, any experience with any of these ?

solarcat

Regular EF Member
If you would like to try some freeware, I find Google Sketch Up quite useful. You can draw a building, set the geographical coordinates and simulate shading throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance