Discuss PV System for multiple users in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I need to set up a 40 kW grid tied PV system on the roof of a condo with multiple user. The objective would be to feed all the different apartments each one of them with its own DB and meter. Is there a solution smarter than splitting my solar system into smaller independent system (e.g. 10*4 kWp indipendent installation)?

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
how are the apartments fed at the moment?
individual supplies from the grid or are they sub metered from a single supply?

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
if they are all fed from different meters connected to the grid then the only 2 options i can see would be.

1 split into seperate systems for each apartment
2 feed the pv into the landlord supply meter and if you want to split the costs, send a check to the tennants.

OP
G
Reaction score
how are the apartments fed at the moment?
individual supplies from the grid or are they sub metered from a single supply?
Individually supplied by the grid everyone with his own meter and bills coming directly from the grid provider. The only thing in common is the circuit for the shared appliances (Elevator, stairs lights...)

Reply to PV System for multiple users in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net