Discuss PVC conduit bending tool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sham

-
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a pvc conduit bender. I thought they would be a simpler way than just bending it with the knee, plus it is frustratung having
Pull out my knee pad to do it.

I assume you are using a spring. I do feel for you having to remove the knee pads life can be a struggle.

Last edited:
Not ever seen one in all of my time as an Electrician, not unless you try hot sand and a hairdryer:mad::mad:

Just would like a tool as the copper bender, but for pvc. It just seem more convenient. I once bent it around a scaff hold pipe. You can see the angle forming, but with knee, you have to keep stopping checking.

It can be done in a regular conduit bender, but you still need the spring inside the tube, and I guess it'll probably work in a bending block too.

I wonder if maybe the American benders might work, I think their steel conduit is roughly the same strength as our PVC so it might work.

It can be done in a regular conduit bender, but you still need the spring inside the tube, and I guess it'll probably work in a bending block too.

I wonder if maybe the American benders might work, I think their steel conduit is roughly the same strength as our PVC so it might work.
I tried that once whilst working in the USA their conduit is imperial and or at least not the same OD as ours, needless to say my experiment didn't work, mind you "The Home Depot" refunded my money.

I thought they would be a simpler way than just bending it with the knee, plus it is frustratung having
Pull out my knee pad to do it.

Weren't you told as an apprentice, that's a very very bad thing to do. You'll end up with housemaids knee!

Plus, on behalf of sparksburntout, your spelling is appalling :)

I tried that once whilst working in the USA their conduit is imperial and or at least not the same OD as ours, needless to say my experiment didn't work, mind you "The Home Depot" refunded my money.

Ok so apart from their conduit being a completely different size it's a great idea

Ok so apart from their conduit being a completely different size it's a great idea
No not at all it's a different material hence it will react differently to the conduit the Americans use, I never actually said it would be OK, or, it's a good idea, I said when I tried it it was a failure, I have been bending PVC conduit over my my knee for Donkeys years, yes my knees are worn out but from kneeling on cold wet joists while house bashing.

The internal spring is needed to stop the pipe from collapsing when bent. It will bend in a 20mm former but you still need to over bend it so that it springs back out into a final rest position.

Reply to PVC conduit bending tool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net