Discuss PVC covered rubber twin in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jimmer

Is there a name for this type of cable? I've come across the black rubber cables before but this has a grey pvc type of sheath on a rubber cable. The insulation resistance reading was just above 2 M.ohms, but the rubber conductors were in good condition. What advice should i be giving the customer?
Any help much appreciated

ye, tell em to have it rewired, in actual fact un disturbed the rubber cable would last, but i would advise em thats the bottom line, its really had its day and needs replacing.

I would definately second that!

The cables are obviously very old and very close to losing all their insulation values, (just over 2M.ohms) so its only going to be a matter of time before a problem will occur.

Better to advise on the safe side to the customer. I am sure that when you advise them, with poor insulation there is the risk of fires and electric shock they might take a different view to the costs involved in bringing the installation up to standard.

Reply to PVC covered rubber twin in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock