Discuss PVC mini trunking cutters, your thoughts, are they any [email protected] in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All

Saw some of these cutters advertised on the TLC site. Anybody tried them?

Thanks in advance

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Might just be me but they seem a bit pricey.....I'm sure they'd be handy because they can cut a 45 degree mitre but the jaw only opens to 35 mm so only good for mini trunking.

Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks in advance
I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos.
Hi All

Thanks in advance

I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos. Link to these provided but if you check a local window supplier or plastics supplier you will get them cheaper.
I hope this helps, but once you get a set you'll use them for far more, blades can be removed and sharpened or replaced. I used these everyday for atleast 5 years, sharpened twice and still going.

Reaction score
I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos.

I used to be a glazer many moons ago, but as I'm a spark now I use a tool from then an it's by far the best for trunking, it has angles marked out and can create notches etc. They are miter snips, but if you get a set don't go cheap and steer well clear of the stanley blade kind, Lowe miter snips are the only ones worth getting and are approx 20 great British pesos. Link to these provided but if you check a local window supplier or plastics supplier you will get them cheaper.
I hope this helps, but once you get a set you'll use them for far more, blades can be removed and sharpened or replaced. I used these everyday for atleast 5 years, sharpened twice and still going.

Strangely enough I done glazing many moons ago as well and have a pair of these, But must admit never used them on mini trunking as always relied on the trusty old hacksaw

Reply to PVC mini trunking cutters, your thoughts, are they any [email protected] in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

F
Hi, just a quick question does anyone know the quick term for mini trunking smaller than YT1. It came up in conversation today I'm sure we used to call the small stuff something other than mini or micro lol minds drawn a blank. Its the small flat stuff 12 x 8mm. Thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Dustydazzler
D
S
Hi all, Was looking at buying a set of wago connectors from screwfix and I came across some 2273 wago connectors that claimed to take up to 4mm^2 cable and were 32A rated, now I thought the 2273 series were all only 24A rated and could only take up to 2.5mm^2 cable. A search on wago's website...
Replies
Views
snowhead
snowhead
HappyHippyDad
I'm always on the look out for a tool that makes the working life easier. At present, I strip the cable the way I expect most of you do. Side cutters first to snip the end of the cable (exposing the cpc) then pull back the cpc to the required length, then cut off grey outer sheathing, leaving...
Replies
Views
Mike Johnson
Mike Johnson
A
Hi - I have just had ceiling plastered - I have never cut holes in plaster before but am not to bad on diy. The ceiling was overboarded so I have cut bigger holes out of the lath plaster and measured with laser. I can also access from ceiling. I want to know if I drill from the loft downwards...
Replies
Views
Mike Johnson
Mike Johnson
timhoward
It's not that often I stare stupidly at something for 5 minutes and can't work out where to start, but.... The horizontal and lower vertical trunking aren't actually connected together or bonded. The upper vertical is cable tied to some SWA and flaps in the wind. Singles are nicely tensioned...
Replies
Views
littlespark
littlespark

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

E
  • Article
Want to become a qualified electrician? Look carefully at the training courses on offer to avoid wasting time and money, is the advice in a new campaign from electrical industry body The Electrotechnical Skills Partnership (TESP). With thousands of searches each year on terms such as...
Replies
Views
Marty92
Dan
  • Article
You can now link your account with social media by going to the following page. https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/connected-accounts/ We had this feature some time ago but I removed it when Facebook was found to be selling the data they collected without informing the users of what...
Replies
Views
Dan
Dan
  • Article
There was a dodgy advert, typical clickbait, showing "how to save 90% on your electricity bill" which was not the case and it was actually showing some dangerous wiring tactics. Read the actual threads here:- What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 -...
Replies
Views
Jurassic Sparks
Jurassic Sparks
James
  • Article
The Go Plus hot tub is being recalled because you could get electrocuted taking a dip, according to press releases from the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI). An Amazon spokesperson said: "Safety is a top priority at Amazon. "We require all products offered in our store to comply...
Replies
Views
Dave Appleby
D
Dan
  • Article
Posted on behalf of @CKI:C.K-Tools Carl Kammerling International Ltd, also known to as ‘CKI’, are the company behind the C.K Tools brand. Founded in Germany in 1904 and with roots stretching back to 1790, we provide a wide range of hand tools, tool storage, power tool accessories and...
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Search Forum