Discuss Q about temporary installation ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jules27

Hello All ,

I have finally completed a weekend project (it is a catering trailer therefore hooked up to different temporary supplies) and have come to testing and have wondered this , how can I get a Ze that will be relevant and how shall I record this fact ?I have done R1 + R2 for all circuits (only lighting , power and the supply cable ) and these will not be changing . I have done all the tests neccessary but will be subject to change i.e Zs , PFC and Ze.
I did consider providing a spike but think this will be very impractical and the generators they are to be supplied from will be earthed.
Many thanks again always a useful source of advise this forum.

You cant record energised tests such as Ze,Zs as the unit is transportable and the results will depend on the supply it will be run from.
You should test the RCD though and record the trip times.
The NIC produce transportable units EIC/PIR forms,there is no provision on those to record measured Zs/Ze results....

Thanks for the reply.I had no idea about this. Is there any reference to this in the regs? I have tested the RCBOs (main switch is an mcb ) they operate correctly.
I have provided a 10mm2 3 core flex as the supply cable of maximum 25m length and have tested the its r1+r2 .
So no earth fault loop tests basically ... can i record this as a limitation ? many thanks

Reply to Q about temporary installation ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock