Discuss Quad bike scam in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
Thought I'd post about what has happened to my business partner today.

Before Easter he was looking at buying a quad bike and had found a supplier called Elite Quads based in Newport. Road legal quad for £1400 ish! They asked for payment by BACs (first alarm bell) and then said delivery would be good Friday (second alarm bell).

Good Friday came and went with no quad bike. Tuesday he called them and they were very apologetic and said quad will be with him Wednesday. Well Wednesday came and went so today he rang again only this time they just hung up on him.

He has reported it to the police who do have knowledge of the company and also said its a scam (in short)

So anyone who's looking for a quad please avoid Elite Quads (.com) based in Newport, Gwent. The prices are that low because it is too good to be true!

Anyone near Newport and happy to drive past to see if their address is used please contact me via PM. Being so far away it is difficult for us but if we knew the address was being used we would make the trip!

Thanks

Crawford trading estate does exist as Total electrical supplies used to have a branch there.

Dont know if elite quads are on it though.

Yep found the estate on google maps. Seems unit 5 might of been empty when the google car went by. Worth a call to the letting agent I think.

Thanks

Reply to Quad bike scam in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am the wife of an electrician feeling absolutely gutted. We have had a complaint from a customer who is seeking a £500 refund for a consumer...
Replies
Views
Companies like chekatrade, homeserve , BG and other insurance products exist because of the fear that rogue traders exist I recently called an...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Newbie here, not sure if this forum is for those who specifically electricians only or if general people can join for help and advice...
Replies
Views
Good evening. Any advice what to do in this situaltion would be very much appreciated. I was called by a landloard who lives in Denver . She...
Replies
Views
G
Good morning. Apologies to begin with if this isn't the right place for this post, but I'm in need of advice from people who know what they are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock