CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Qualifications advice! in the Electrical Forum area at



Welcome to - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello all

I have recently set up my own fire protection company specialising in fire alarm systems and fire suppression systems. This is going well, however, I constantly get offers to carry out work on household/domestic electrics such as small rewires, changing a socket outlet etc. But I’m not willing to carry out any work unless I have the correct qualifications.

I have worked as an electricians mate during school and uni helping with new installations, consumer unit changes and replacing damaged cables etc. So I do have a good knowledge of electrics.

My question is what qualifications do I need to carry out work on domestic wiring and to sign off any work I carry out? I have looked at all the different C&G courses but there seems so many.:confused: Which are relevant for what I require?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #2
C&G 2330, nvq level 3, C&G 2380( 17th wiring regs ) and member of niceic, napit or elecsa competent person scheme - about 3 years!


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
tbh mate i think a lot of the scheme providers would take you if you just had your 17th edition regs.... you would have to pass a assesment before hand though.


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
Cheers both!

Thanks for the reply

Reply to Qualifications advice! in the Electrical Forum area at

Top Bottom