Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss qualifications and experience question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hell im john age 56 from merseyside. i started my electrical apprenticeship in 1980 a period of 4 years 3 months. During that time i attended college and passed my part 1 and part 2 city and guilds electrical installation work exams. During the years i passed my 15th 16th 17th 18th edition wiring regs exams. i have had a jib approved electrician card during the periods of time i worked for contracting companies. i worked for a world wide company for 10 years as a permanent employee where it was not relevant to hold a jib card as a maintenance/shift electrician. For the last 11 years i have worked in the prison industry as a electrician. So in total i have 40 years experience as a electrician with no breaks from the trade.4 years ago we were privatised and taken over by a private company. i have completed numerous courses over the years relevant to my trade basic plc advanced plc etc. Now with this company a appointed person has been given the task of checking qualifications i provided my city & guilds pt 1&2 electrical certificates which enabled me to be graded as a electrician in 1985 as and a couple of years later to be graded as a approved electrician i also provided my 18th edition regs certificate.This appointed person before leaving told my supervisor i didnt have the qualifications to be a electrician with no explanation. This has left me baffled. Anyone any thoughts, thanks.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Speak to your supervisor and this guy's LM, argue your case, present your evidence and speak with the various CPS schemes, see what help they can offer

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to qualifications and experience question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom