Discuss Qualifications and where to start ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello.
First post here so go easy please haha
So basically the last 3 years have been working as a mate. I have no qualifications and would like to start getting them now.
I feel pretty confident in my ability and would preference a faster method.
Any help would be great fully appreciated
Thanks

You can only start from where you are now Tom. Your ability may well be fine but you have to understand the science behind what you are doing . You are going to have to bite the bullet and sign up to day release at college or something. Talk to the sparks that you work alongside maybe they know of a faster route. I suppose you could always do your 18th ed first - that could be done in a week. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there but maybe not as fast as you would like . good luck.

You've got 3 routes; College, Quick Course, Apprenticeship - You're already in the trade so may have more success getting an apprenticeship, colleges do night courses so that could work around your existing employment.

College would start at L2 as I don't think they would take time on the tools as prior learning but 8m sure I've seen somewhere they can and you'd just do a test to get onto the L3 but don't quote me on that

If you pick the fast route, you may find in that it may have been a mistake, but it depends on the work you wish and want to do. Fast routs don’t always include your NVQ3 and AM2/s. If you don’t do these you won’t be able to get your JIB Gold card, which will limit you ability to get on to larger sites as a spark.

Reply to Qualifications and where to start ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net