Discuss Qualifications in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jumbonipondon_squilobidon

Hi there, I am new to the forum!

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice with regards to qualifications? I have done an Electrical Fitter apprenticeship with the local council back in the late 1980's. This was for four years and we literally did all varieties of work; Industrial, Domestic, fixing things, 3-phase stuff, building control panels and all that. I deviated slightly into electronics where I gained my HND in Electrical Engineering and then my BEng in Electronics. However, recently I have been wanting to work on the tools again, and have gained the 16th Edition 2381, the ECS H&S certificate, and the Inspection and Test 2391 C&G qualifications from college. I am aware that I should now probably do the Part P course to enable me to set up on my own.

Are there any other 'bits of paper' I need or I should consider doing? I like the learning side of things BTW. :D

Reply to Qualifications in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello. My name is David and I am in the process of retraining to become an electrician, something I have wanted to do for a while. Finally I...
Replies
Views
Hi there : I am just posting to introduce myself, stop lurking (!) and to thank the many sparks who so freely share their expertise on this great...
Replies
Views
I finished my Electrical Fitter/Mechanic Apprenticeship in late 1998 as a mature age student while working at an Electrical Distributor across our...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum. I qualified in 1988 with City & Guilds Electrical Installation Parts 1 & 2 15th Edition followed by both ONC & HNC in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I am looking to sell some used electrical items (eBay), and am considering (unlike the vast majority of eBay business sellers) testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock