Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss qualifications ??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Please can some one tell me the qualifications you need to be classed as a electrician ??
Thanks Rich ( mature student )

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi macsparky
i have read the threads you have linked to !!!
I have city&guilds 2330 level 2 and level 3 and 2382 17th edition
does this just cover domestic only
thanks Rich

C

Cirrus

Domestic, commercial and industrial my friend. Surely if you have these quals you must know what you covered at college?

thanks for response cirrus .yes i understand three phase and can inspect and test industrial but i have mainly worked with a niceic guy on domestic .I am going for a domestic installers scheme ( niceic ) will i still be able to legaly work on industrial with out a nvq level 3
thanks Rich

M

MacSparky

As far as i know there aren't any real pre-requisites apart from bs7671 and 2391 for testing/working on commercial/industrial work, i think the nvq3 is one of the requirements by jib to be recognised as an approved electrician:rolleyes:....bit of a mine field really and this was also discussed recently, im sure someone will correct me here if this is wrong:D

Thanks macsparky
the information is very helpfull to me at least i know giving up my saturdays for three years was worth it ( I attended chelmsford college on saturdays )
Rich

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
Its a hard life these weekend and evening classes. I'll be done with my 2330 lvl 3 in a week or 2. Then will have to do 2391 and 17th. Both only 10 weeks or so. So nearly there

M

MacSparky

Keep it going danzor, surely you can almost smell the money now;) i too have the 2391 in july (pants becoming slighty soiled over this one) lol....:)

C

Cirrus

Its a hard life these weekend and evening classes. I'll be done with my 2330 lvl 3 in a week or 2. Then will have to do 2391 and 17th. Both only 10 weeks or so. So nearly there
Same as me Danzor - can't wait now:cool:

S

Shakey

As far as i know there aren't any real pre-requisites apart from bs7671 and 2391 for testing/working on commercial/industrial work, i think the nvq3 is one of the requirements by jib to be recognised as an approved electrician:rolleyes:....bit of a mine field really and this was also discussed recently, im sure someone will correct me here if this is wrong:D
there are no pre-requisites for anything

only thing required is COMPETENCE

no-one needs the 2391 to test&inspect, however individual organisations (NIC etc) may require you to hold it to do PIR's under THEIR name (and paperwork) although there is nothing to stop you doing them on generic forms

O

Ogie Diaz

Most employers require applicants for electrician positions to have experience. If you are a fresh graduate from an electrician school, you may have some problems. The best way to earn experience in your field is to undergo an apprenticeship program. :D

B

Bane

there are no pre-requisites for anything

only thing required is COMPETENCE
So you don't NEED 2330,2391, ABCD, etc Shakey?
Who classifies you as competent?
I know you've told me this before but I have a crap memory

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to qualifications ??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom