Discuss Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently (Today) been told im being made redundant and have a weeks notice! As I have never really thought about it as did my apprenticeship with this company but what my qualifications actually allow me to do. I have the following - city and guilds 2330 electro technical certificate (1 year course)
City and Guilds 2330 level 3 fast tract course (4 Months Course)
City and Guild (think its 2392 or something but please let me know) Electro Technical services NVQ3 and AM2 completed with portofilio in 2014. Did it to 17th edition so maybe an 18th updated certificate test would need.
Would this allow me to go self employed, I would probably need my inspection and testing qualification and accessment from niceic or other governing body to sign work off? With my current qualifications am I able to be employed as an electrician with another electrical company.

Thanks for your help

Sorry to hear you're being made redundant.
You seem to have a good CV full of quals which should enable you to gain employment or join a scheme, should you need to, if you go self employed.

A JIB/ECS card may help in gaining employment or with contracting as a self employed person.

Test and inspection quals are always good to hold but possibly not necessary for either avenue. They are quite costly to self fund so see if you can get any help with that if you end up claiming unemployment benefits, or see if a prospective employer may pay you through it.

The 18th edition would be advantageous to learn and pass for both possible forward options too.

You may be entitled to courses because of your redundancy, a weeks notice having done your apprenticeship with them seem a bit sharp .
Have a word at the Jobcentre to see what you are entitled to.

at last. buzz's family portrait posted.

futile = V/I

Reply to Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock