Discuss Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mac

Hi to everyone.Just want to know,do electrical qualifications have a shelf life.Have the 236-1 and 236-2 plus AM1 and AM2.Did these exams 20 odd years ago and then left the industry.Have decided to come back after 20 years and now have have 2382-10 17th edition.Just want to know if the 236-1 and 236-2 have any relevance today.

Thanks

Hey mac.

I studied the 2360 course too - 12 years ago. It's still recognised by everyone including the JIB and NICEIC/ECA so no worries there.

the current equivalent for the course is the 2330, i completed it 2 years ago but it wasn't 17th edition back then but it has been updated since then, i9 have a friend on it and i'm 80% sure it is still called the Electrotechnical Certificate in electrical studies 2330

Oh good, hope so as I'm doing the 2330 myself at the moment.

The reason for asking is that I was looking at the grading criteria on the JIB site and it makes references to the 2360 for technicians, approved electricians and electricians but only mentions the 2330 concerning electrical improvers.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I thought the C & G 2356 was the new or updated,eqiuvalent to the 236-1 or 236-2 which i did 20 odd years ago.I maybe wrong.:confused:

I finsihed 2 years ago and i was on the new course that nobody had ever done, guinea pigs are tutors called us (not funny i know but you know what these teachers can be like), but i wouldn't put it past city and guild changing it yet again.

The 2356 is the NVQ level 3 matey.;)
So what is the qualification that replaced the 236-1 and 236-2.I have been out of the industry for 25 years and just got back into it last September.I think they should have kept everything the way it was.Kept everything C & G instead of these NVQ's

Last edited by a moderator:
Well from the 2360 (I did it too) it went to 2351, and now it is the 2330. By and large the same 3 year course that you and I did just with new numbers. The science and principals are the same.

Well from the 2360 (I did it too) it went to 2351, and now it is the 2330. By and large the same 3 year course that you and I did just with new numbers. The science and principals are the same.
Thanks Lenny.Just lose track of all these qualifications that are flying about now.Cheers Paul

I know, ridiculous it is. No one nowadays seems to know what courses they're doing, or need to do.:rolleyes:

It's got loads of health and safety, the only part of the course that requires any real study is the cable calculations and some study of types of motors, other than that just basic.

Reply to Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock