Discuss Quality work by a electrical trainee..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-Matt

-
Reaction score
I thought you guys may be interested in these pics from a "spark" who did one of these 4 week courses and went straight to self employed!

This was for a house Re-wire, I actually quoted for this job originally but the house owner chose this contractor instead, but then contacted me afterwards to take a look as they were concerned by the work completed. :rolleyes:

When I walked in and saw the work, I was truly shocked, it was truly dangerous!
I contacted the Niceic for the homeowner who have now completely Re-wired the house with another contractor under the platinum guarantee.
Original "Spark" is no longer registered, so its good to see the Niceic do take action!

This was apparently a finished job which she has been paid in full for :eek:

Anyway have fun with these :D:

C/U was moved, so quite rightly a switch fuse was installed, not so sure on the insulation methods mind:
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_5047.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Urm...., oh and thats data going behind the C/U there...
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_1572.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Wet pants is always wrapping his pipes around my cables, I know I will wrap my spaghetti around his pipes..
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_0584.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Meter tails and more chased horizontally through wall, not in a safe zone..
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_0813.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Now what is that bare wire for, lets poke it back out of the box...
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_0360.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Expanding foam doesn't seem to be working at fixing the boxes..., oh and that damn bare wire again! and no grommet! o_O
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_2704.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Well the expanding foam wasn't working, lets just leave them hanging...
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_0016.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_6324.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Its all too much work chopping the boxes into the wall..
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_9909.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Wago boxes are over-rated...
Quality work by a electrical trainee..... IMG_2299.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

This surely has to be up there with the worst?

I thought you guys may be interested in these pics from a "spark" who did one of these 4 week courses and went straight to self employed!

This was for a house Re-wire, I actually quoted for this job originally but the house owner chose this contractor instead, but then contacted me afterwards to take a look as they were concerned by the work completed. :rolleyes:

I contacted the Niceic for the homeowner who have now completely Re-wired the house with another contractor under the platinum guarantee.
Original "Spark" is no longer registered, so its good to see the Niceic do take action!

C/U was moved, so quite rightly a switch fuse was installed, not so sure on the insulation methods mind:
View attachment 45259

View attachment 45256

Wet pants is always wrapping his pipes around my cables, I know I will wrap my spaghetti around his pipes..
View attachment 45254

View attachment 45255

View attachment 45253

Expanding foam doesn't seem to be working at fixing the boxes..., oh and that damn bare wire again! and no grommet! o_O
View attachment 45258

View attachment 45252

View attachment 45261

View attachment 45262

View attachment 45257

I have no words, well I do really but I enjoy this forum any comment would get me an immediate ban I shouldn't wonder, awful just awful.

They are having to take action now because it costs them money not to do so with the platinum guarantee, which tbh is the first I have heard about it.

View attachment 45259

View attachment 45256

View attachment 45254

View attachment 45255

View attachment 45253

View attachment 45258

View attachment 45252

View attachment 45261

View attachment 45262

View attachment 45257

That is truly shocking and is as bad as any other rogue install that I've seen. If ever there was a vivid example of why these short courses should be outlawed, then this it. There is no quick route to becoming a qualified electrician.

NICEIC ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. IMHO they are equally culpable for facilitating cowboy operators easy access to our industry. Disgraceful.

They are having to take action now because it costs them money not to do so with the platinum guarantee, which tbh is the first I have heard about it.
It could be DW that the NICEIC are finally realising what is actually happening out in the real world, so far removed from what they think is happening, I for one hope that many more of these supposed Electricians get outed and struck off the CS Schemes register, someone has to be first, wonder who it will be?

WOW!
No wonder they kicked him out the scheme, that is atrocious! quite how anybody can justify such damn poor work is beyond me!
Its as if no effort was put in at all and simply didn't care, pure and simple cowboy fleecing people.
Worrying thing is, he may have been ejected from Certsure but has he ended up at stroma or napit? might even still be doing rewires and works issuing generic certs and not notifying them.
Personally i would encourage the customer to get building control involved and trading standards, given the NICEIC have had to fork out under the warranty to put right they would happily support taking action against this rogue.
A rewire if planned well and time taken is not a hugely difficult task, its time consuming and messy and i think that is where people come unstuck, they under estimate the work involved and just want easy money. if that's the case stick to the quick simple jobs changing fittings and sockets at £50 a pop.
I tend to stay away from rewires, simply because physically my body doesn't appreciate too much physical effort these days, have too many old injuries and issues. I also feel the perfectionist in me means I tend to go a bit slower than I used to. so wont rush it and nor will I enter the price war in the race to the bottom. Also in time it takes to do one, I can earn more for much less effort!

The bad install can be replaced, I would be a little bit more concerned about the damage caused to the structure of the property, in those switch drops etc?

How do you know it was someone who had done one of the Domestic Installer courses Matt?

This next bit isn't aimed at all towards you Matt, just in general....

I realise the above install is appalling but it would be nice if there was a bit of a balance between showing good work and bad work. I wonder why people like having a go at others so much, it's like the Jeremy Kyle of electrics sometimes!

Not disputing the workmanship at all as its atrocious but was it defiantly a electrical trainee who done this work, I know they can become easy targets.

I just cant imagine someone turning up to a re-wire a house and admitting they have 4 weeks of training and 3 of them was in the classroom.

Agree Murdoch, with a guarenteed random 5 visits over 12 months. Only need to be 20 minutes in most cases. The inspector could knock out 10 a day.
This would be awkward though wouldn't it? "so I'm off to inspect xxxx xxxxx today but have no idea where he is working" calls scheme member
"where you working today"
"sorry mate I'm on holiday, back in 2 weeks"

This would be awkward though wouldn't it? "so I'm off to inspect xxxx xxxxx today but have no idea where he is working" calls scheme member

I was thinking more along the lines of conpleted jobs. Everyone submits certificates, could just get jobs and addresses fron them.

That’s not an issue in most areas .... the assessor would then move on to the next on the list .....

AND if the assessors had a list of scheme members from all the schemes that would make them even more efficient

I’m with Stroma and they will only assess completed work, Elecsa would allow work in progress as long as there was something complete to test.

Reply to Quality work by a electrical trainee..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock