Discuss query regarding disconnected electric meter in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jas135

Hi guys ,
First post here . I am no electrician but am about to start work on a shop premises where the electric has been disconnected due to compnay going bankrupt . There is no power on the premises .
We have tried calling the power compnay to reconnect but they cannot do it until a week tomorrow , so here is my dilemma ....
I need to start work on the refit of the premises and was wondering how I ( well a qualified electrician) would stand if I cut the tails from the meter to feed the electric to the store using a generator . I know it is physically possible , but am worried if we would get into trouble by pulling the tails from the meter .
How would we stand if we dont actually touch the meter , but reroute the tails ?

Thanks , Jazz

If it s arefit, why not just gut all the old stuff out and have the generator for temp supply. Get your electrician to assemble a temp site board. Or are you not tearing the whole shop out?

Its not a major refit , it is only a seaonal let on the south coast . We have got only 10 days to get our work done and out of that 7 of them ppotentially will have no electric . The premises is a labryinth of rooms and offices as well as a 2000 sq ft retail area so we ( I )thought we could just pull the tails and run a generator straight through so all sockets and lights in the building will be working for us to crack on . But dont really want to get into any trouble for tampering etc ..
What would the electric company be likely to say if they turned up next weds to see we had done that to the tails ??

Hi mate i work for elecy board, as long as there is no sign of theft of electricity there should be no problem for the electrician to disconnect them from the meter and put them into the genorator, when they reconnect your supply they will reseal the new meter.

Reply to query regarding disconnected electric meter in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock